Thursday, July 22, 2010


Hi to all! Let me introduce myself, my name is Reinette Greyling and I have been making jewelry since I was 16 years old. I am 34 right now, so it has been a little while. My mom was one of those who sent me off to all the possible crafty classes she could find. I did basket-weaving, pottery and art classes and..and..and. But when I started doing jewelry classes, I knew this was for me.I loved it! There was something about the primal satisfaction of working with fire to create an adornment, that just felt right.

Currently me and my partner, Zak, who is also a goldsmith, live and work in a little town called George, in the Garden Route in South Africa. We are very blessed to be able to live in this beautifull place.

I was diagnosed with Crohn's desease recently, and it has made it a bit harder for me to create my little beauties. Crohn’s disease is an ongoing disorder that causes inflammation of the digestive tract, also referred to as the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. But I will not be held back any more. Open the creative floodgates! Bling it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment