Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Russian princess, another Cameo and more


Hello again! I guess I need to get into the rythm of
when to post, and how long between posts, but
hey, I am not pretending to be some great blogger, I need to find my way
around it all still. I have been rather
busy, with some very
interesting designs, and some ultra mundane things that I dont really feel like sharing. The ring on the left is part of a whole bunch of things I am making for a new client, who is a lovely Boere- Russian princess. ('Boere' means 'farmer' in Afrikaans, but has been used to describe white South Africans as a whole, but mostly Afrikaans speeking people) Altogether I have enjoyed designing for this lady, we seem to have very similar taste. This ring was made in 9k yellow gold, and contains diamonds. Here are just a few of my work in progress pictures:




















And some more pictures of things I am busy with Firstly a Kruger Rand coin frame for the same lady, made from 9k yellow gold, I will post pictures again when it is done.













And then another Cameo setting for one of my longest standing clients, another lovely lady with a selection of collectors jewelry to die for. I made this for her son in Cape Town.

And because I know you love it, some work in progress
pictures. On the second one you can see how I refine the design on the metal, I think better in metal, if that makes any sense.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. Keep up the good work. I followed you! Check out my blog and please follow me if you like it :)

    lizabellabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete